Safety at the ATM
Please follow these tips when using an ATM.
- Protect your card like you would cash
- Your personal identification number (PIN) is private. Do not share it with anyone
- Commit your PIN to memory. Do not write it on your card or keep it anywhere near your card
- Do not give your PIN to anyone by telephone, even if the caller says he's from the credit union
- Report a lost or stolen card to us at once.
- If you notice suspicious looking people or activity at an ATM, use a different ATM
- Wait until you leave the ATM area to count your money
- Retain all receipts for reconciliation of your statements. Destroy them after you have recorded your transactions
- If you are approached or followed when leaving the ATM, immediately seek out a well populated area or call the police.
At the walk-up ATM:
- Allow an adequate amount of distance between you and another person using the ATM
- Wait until the previous person has fully completed his/her transaction before approaching the ATM
- Always have your card ready in hand along with other deposit materials, before you approach the ATM
- Shield the ATM screen and keyboard with your body while making your transactions. Do not allow anyone to view you entering your PIN
At the drive-up ATM:
- Pull up close to the ATM
- Stay in your vehicle with the doors locked and windows up
- Keep your vehicle running while operating the ATM