Newton Platinum Rewards VISA
HCU Newton Platinum Rewards VISA. Carry a part of Newton with you wherever you go and it pays you 1/2% back on purchases. It might just be the perfect card for you.
The Newton Card features the historic Newton Carnegie Library, the iconic Blue Sky Sculpture, and a tribute to Newton's railroading heritage in the form of a classic locomotive. The wheat background ties the card to agriculture, a great legacy that all Kansans share. This card was designed by Newton area graphic artist Brandi Lies.
It pays you money back on every purchase, monthly, back into your account. You don't have to wait a year and you aren't rewarded with merchandise you don't want. Money you can spend, every month.
A low interest rate, based on your credit rating.
No gimmicks, no teaser rates, just the best everyday rates in the industry. Rates start at just 7.9% for borrowers with good credit.
Lower fees and more generous terms.
Why? Because we hate "gotchas" and wanted a card we would be proud to recommend to our relatives and friends. A card we are happy to recommend to our members. Compare it with any other card out there. Read the fine print. You'll find ours is better.
We own, operate, and service our VISA card program. No call centers in foreign countries. If you have an issue, you can speak with someone who cares, and can make a difference. Face to face if you like. Almost all of our competitors, both banks and credit unions, outsource their card programs to big regional companies. We wanted better for our members.
- 1/2% money-back on purchases, credited to your account each month
- $0 VISA fraud liability for members (details)
- Low interest rate saves you mone
- Tiered interest rate; more qualified borrowers receive better rates
- Consumer use only; not intended for businesses
- Generous credit limits
- 28 day grace period if there is no balance from the previous month on purchases (cash advances and balance transfers do not qualify for grace period)
- Accepted worldwide for maximum convenience
- $250,000 travel insurance
- 4% repayment rate means your balance is paid off faster
- Rental car insurance
- Full 10 day late payment grace period (no late fees during grace period)
- We use the most consumer friendly interest method for outstanding balances, the average daily balance method
- Other credit card balances are easy to transfer to a HCU VISA
- Payments can be made via mail, in person, via phone, online, or by using HCU Telephone Banking
- Payments can be made automatically through HCU auto-transfer or payroll deduction (if your employer participates)
- Your paycheck can even be electronically deposited into your HCU account through direct deposit if your employer participates in this program