You can feel secure banking with HCU online.
We have built a security system around our Online Banking that safeguards your money and keeps your account information private. We are confident of the security of our online banking product. Whenever we ask for personal information on our website, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL technology) for transferring data. This technology encrypts--or scrambles--your account information so it's virtually impossible for anyone other than Hutchinson Credit Union to read it.
Q. What kind of security procedures are in place to protect my information when I use Online Banking?
A. Authentication and encryption - The authentication of a Online Banking session is handled through your username and password combination, which is required at login. The encryption is accomplished by establishing a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection between the browser and the Web server. You can only access Online Banking with an SSL compliant browser. Online Banking takes advantage of the powerful encryption technology available in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and other browsers. This advanced technology prevents monitoring of your Online Banking account, as well as unauthorized access to your account information. Online Banking asks for your username and password every time you begin a Online Banking session. Access to your Online Banking account is only available when your username and password match--exactly. By memorizing your password, you make sure your Online Banking account is protected from unauthorized access. If, after five attempts you are unable to successfully log in to Online Banking, you will be locked out. Contact us or use the secure password reset feature to regain access.
Multi-factor Authentication -The security systems may occasionally prompt you to verify your identify as you log on. As a member of Hutchinson Credit Union, we know how you typically behave: when you log on and from where. If we detect any activity that does not seem like your typical behavior, we will prompt you to further verify your identity--so that we can ensure it is you and not a fraudster attempting to compromise your account. This will only happen on rare occasions. Normally you will not be asked for any additional information. For example, if someone tries to sign in with your username and password from a computer in a foreign country shortly after you have logged off from your normal computer at home, we may decide to verify that it is really you trying to access your account.
- You will only be prompted to enter additional information when a particular activity or transaction appears to be unusual or uncharacteristic of your typical behavior.
- If any unusual or uncharacteristic behavior is detected you will be asked to answer several of the security questions you initially chose.
- The security system takes into account factors such as the computers you typically use to access your account, or the typical security settings for your computer. Hundreds of factors, such as these, create a profile that is unique to you that allows us to make decisions about whether the person logging into your account appears to be really you.
- If your username and password are stolen, the fraudster would have to be able to answer your security questions correctly before being able to access your account or complete a fraudulent transaction. If the user is unable to provide this information, the activity would be blocked. This added layer of security helps us protect your online account at all times.
Q. What can I do to protect my accounts and personal information while I'm banking online?
A. Hutchinson Credit Union takes numerous steps to keep your accounts and personal information secure, but you also play a role in maintaining the security of your accounts. Here's what you can do:
- Never let your browser cache your password.
- Utilize the latest version of your browser.
- Your password must be kept confidential. We recommend you use an 8-character (or more) password and change it frequently to ensure that the information cannot be guessed or used by others.
- Be sure others are not watching you enter information on the keyboard when using the system.
- Never leave your computer unattended while logged onto Online Banking. Others may approach your computer and gain access to your account information if you walk away.
- Click Quit/Log Out when you are finished using the system to properly end your session. Once a session has been ended, no further transactions can be processed until you log on to the system again.
- Close your browser when you are finished, so that others cannot view any account information displayed on your computer.
- Keep your computer free of viruses. Use virus protection software to routinely check for a virus on your computer.
- Keep your password private. Your online password authenticates you when you begin an online session. You should memorize this password, and never write it anywhere or reveal it to anyone.
Q. What should I do if I discover an unauthorized transaction on my account?
A. Contact Hutchinson Credit Union immediately at 669-0177 or 1 800 428-8472.