FHA Title One Home Improvement
Flexible terms and no equity requirements for this federally insured home improvement loan
- No equity required for most loans
- Available for any home you own, even rentals
- Fixed rates
- Up to a 7 year term
Room additions, central air conditioning, and garage conversions are just a few examples of projects that can add value to your home with a FHA Title One home improvement loan from Hutchinson Credit Union.
There are no gimmicks or introductory teaser rates and application is simple. You can apply in-person and can usually be approved the same day. Completion of this loan takes approximately 1-2 weeks.
The interest rates on this loan are very competitive. See our rate sheet for current rates.
NOTE: Hutchinson Credit Union neither endorses nor recommends any particular contractor or supplier.
- Maximum loan amount $25,000
- The purpose of this loan is to finance property improvements, which substantially protect or improve the basic livability or utility of your property
- Loans over $7,500 require on site inspection when improvements are completed
- Loans over $7,500 require a mortgage be filed against your home. This interest may then be tax deductible (consult your tax preparer)
- Low closing costs. These costs can be financed in the loan.
- Documentation needed: current pay stubs, proof of ownership of property, and an itemized estimate of work to be performed
Make sure to speak with an HCU lending professional to determine the best home improvement loan for your needs.
To apply, visit your local HCU branch. A copy of the application can be viewed here for advanced reference. Important liability and penalty information is detailed in the required form available here.