College is expensive and the competition for scholarships is fierce. We want to help. We've created the easiest possible scholarship program, with substantial awards, exclusively for Heartland Credit Union members.
Application deadline July 15, 2015, for fall semester 2015.
- Entrants must be a Heartland Credit Union primary account holder "in good standing" (account is not negative or in a collection status) or meet membership eligibility requirements and join the credit union prior to submitting a scholarship entry form.
- Winners must be a full time student to receive award
- Entrants must be age 17-22
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- One entry per primary account holder.
- 2 -$2,500 scholarships for primary HCU account holders.
- Must be a primary account holder with HCU (in good standing) at time of disbursement of award.
- Awards will be distributed to the financial aid office at the school of your choice for fall semester.
- One, non-renewable scholarship available per family / household.
- Scholarships are for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and required equipment.
- Winners will be contacted directly and announced on our Facebook page and on the HCU website at www.hcu.coop.
- Accredited Colleges, Universities, and technical schools.
Click on the Application tab above to apply today!
Only one entry per primary account holder will be accepted.
Standard scholarship award process
- Recipients must begin studies within one year of the date of written notification of the scholarship award.
- Recipients must be enrolling as full-time students at accredited colleges, universities or technical schools.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the institution in the name of the recipient.
- Funds are to be used only for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and required equipment.
Heartland Credit Union has the authority to amend any of the above rules to ensure fairness in the awarding of the scholarships. Heartland Credit Union reserves the right to use winner's first and last name, and home town for scholarship marketing purposes.
HCU Staff are not eligible. Children of HCU staff are eligible. One entry per primary account holder. Any questions regarding the scholarship program should be addressed in writing to:
Heartland Credit Union
900 E. 23rd Avenue
PO Box 1645
Hutchinson, KS 67504-1645
All applications become the property of Heartland Credit Union, which is not responsible for any claims, liabilities or damages in conjunction with the award. Heartland Credit Union is not responsible for any claims liabilities or damages in conjunction with the process of meeting the contest rules. Heartland Credit Union reserves the right to disqualify applicants for any reason we deem fit and at any time.
Recipients will be selected from ALL eligible entrants on or about July 17, 2015.
The potential recipients will be notified by e-mail, telephone, regular U. S. postal mail, or by overnight carrier within approximately three (3) business days of the selection. If a potential recipient cannot be contacted after reasonable effort within two (2) weeks after the first attempt to contact him/her, this will result in forfeiture of the award and an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all eligible entries received during the registration time frame.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE AWARD ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Scholarships may be tax free if the recipient meets all IRS requirements. To view IRS requirements, please see IRS publication 520. Award is awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, without limitation. If the winner chooses not to accept his/her award, an alternate winner may be chosen.