Guide To Using eAlerts
A new feature in HCU online banking.
- Need to know items
- eAlerts can be sent as text messages to a cell phone. Please remember that text messaging fees from your service provider may apply.
- eAlerts are unencrypted. See the Terms of Service Agreement for more information about the unencrypted eAlerts.
- eAlerts are not instantaneous. eAlerts are reviewed by the system every 15 minutes except during nightly processing or system maintenance.
- Multiple eAlerts may be sent for one transaction.
Example: I have set up a Large Withdrawal Alert for transactions $500.00 or more, and a Large Debit Card/ATM Withdrawal for transactions $300.00 or more. Now, I used my Debit Card at Wal-Mart for $600.00. After the $600.00 transaction, I will have 2 eAlerts. One for the Large Withdrawal Alert and one for the Large Debit Card/ATM Withdrawal.
- Using eAlerts
- eAlerts are available on the Quick Links Menu & Electronic Services Menu.
- Click 'Continue' to save any changes you have made.
- Now you are on your way to setting up eAlerts on your account.
- Click on the Add eAlert button to set up other eAlerts.
- Example eAlert for Daily Balance Alert
- eAlerts Setup Page - an overview of your eAlerts.
- Continue to add the eAlerts that you want for your account.
- You can modify, delete or add eAlerts at anytime.
- You cannot delete a "required" eAlert without unenrolling from eAlerts.
- Required eAlerts are as follows: Default eAlert Settings, Loan Past Due eAlert, Maturing Certificate eAlert and Insufficient Funds eAlert (including Courtesy Pay, OD Transfers & NSF).
- The FAQ is always available online to help you with your eAlerts.