If you tend to overspend or would like to control your spending then a pre-paid debit card could be the perfect solution for you. A prepaid debit card can help you control your spending, as you can only spend up to the amount you have pre-deposited into the account.
- Easy to Use - Make purchases at over 25 million merchants worldwide that accept Visa debit cards including restaurants and shops. Obtain local currency at over 1 million Visa ATMs around the world and avoid standing in line to exchange foreign currency.
- Zero Liability** - Protection from fraudulent use of a lost or stolen card.
**Visa's Zero Liability policy covers U.S. issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use.
- Card costs -$4.00
- Unlimited amount of reloads
- Minimum load is $10; maximum value on the card is $5,000.
- via HCU cost $2.00 each and reloads are usually available after 4 PM the same day
- via www.CUmoney.com cost $.50 each and reloads are usually available within 3-5 business days
- Denied transactions -$.50 each
- via Voice Response Union (VRU) -10 free each month
- via Website -unlimited free balance lookups
- via staffed phone center -4 free each month.
- ATM advance -$1.50
- Foreign conversion fee of 1% for all International transactions (including ATMs)
- Cards are processed and mailed to you with your name embossed on the card; you will usually receive your card in 7-10 days.
- You must activate the card via a Voice Response Unit (VRU).
- Cards are automatically reissued if active and have a balance.
- 30-month card expiration date; reissue fee applies.
- You will select your own PIN after activation.
- $1.75 monthly service fee to member, $3 monthly inactivity fee to member after 3 months.
- For Lost/Stolen cards please contact the number on the disclosures.