Convenient and secure funds while you travel. More widely accepted than old fashioned Travelers Checks.
Visa TravelMoney is a prepaid reloadable Visa debit card which offers travelers a safe and convenient alternative to travelers checks and cash.
- Security and Convenience - Carry the card that provides the security of travelers checks and the convenience of a Visa card.
- Easy to Use - Make purchases at the 25 million merchants worldwide that accept Visa debit cards including restaurants and shops. Obtain local currency at over 1 million Visa ATMs around the world and avoid standing in line to exchange foreign currency.
- Emergency Card and Cash Replacement - With Visa TravelMoney you can obtain emergency card and cash replacement virtually anywhere in the world, generally within one business day.
- Get cash from domestic and foreign ATMs; calculates the exchange rate at foreign ATMs and disperses local currency
- Zero Liability** - Protection from fraudulent use of a lost or stolen card.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement***- get reimbursement up to $250 per trip, $1,000 per cardholder to replace your luggage and its contents if an airline, train, cruise or bus line loses your checked or carry-on luggage. Reimbursement is not contingent upon the purchase of travel with the Visa TravelMoney card.
- Purchase Security*** - Within the first 90 days of the date of purchase, Purchase Security will replace, repair, or reimburse you for eligible items of personal property purchased entirely with your registered Visa TravelMoneyÂ® card up to a maximum of $500 per claim, in the event of theft, damage due to fire, vandalism, accidentally discharged water, or certain weather conditions.
- Travel & Emergency Assistance*** - Get translation assistance 24-hours a day, medical and legal referrals, emergency trip arrangements, and emergency messages to relatives.
- Initial cost -$4.00
- You initiate reloads at www.cumoney.com; 3 to 5 day hold applies, $2.00 reload fee
- Minimum load is $100; maximum value on the card is $5,000
- Reloads at HCU branches are $2.00
- ATM fee of $1.50 at U.S. ATMs, $2.00 at International ATMs; for both withdrawals and balance inquiries
- Cash advance fee at a Financial Institution is $5.00
- Denied transaction fee -$.50
- Overdraft charges -$15.00
- Cash out remaining funds and close out card -$15.00
- Foreign conversion fee of 2% on all International transactions (including ATMs)
- Instantly issued by Hutchinson Credit Union
- You must activate the card via a Voice Response Unit (VRU)
- Re-loadable for a maximum of 3 times after initial load. (Total loads for life of card is 4.)
- 24-month maximum expiration date; will likely be less depending upon issue date
- You will select your own PIN after activation
- $0 monthly service fee to members, $5 monthly inactivity fee after 10 months
- For Lost/Stolen cards please contact the number on the disclosures
**Visa's Zero Liability policy covers U.S. issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use.
***Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply.