Heartland Credit Union awards more than $4,000 in classroom grants
Published January 30, 2018
Heartland Credit Union has awarded $4,116.98 for 13 projects through its Celebrate Academic Success with HCU (CASH) Grants. The CASH Grants will affect more than 3,300 students in the following school districts: USD 266 (Maize), USD 308 (Hutchinson), USD 309 (Nickerson - South Hutchinson), USD 313 (Buhler), USD 374 (Sublette), and USD 460 (Hesston).
HCU was established in 1948 by seven progressive Hutchinson-area teachers that wanted to offer fellow educators a better financial institution. Since then, HCU has been rooted in education, providing classroom grants, scholarships, and financial education to communities.
The winning CASH Grant teachers are listed below with their school, project title and grade(s) affected.
- Caley Ediger, Circle Benton Elementary School (USD 375), K-6 STEM, K-6th
- Carol Stockton, Wiley Elementary (USD 308), Flocabulary, 3rd
- Chanin Aumiller, Hutchinson Middle School - 8, All About the Benjamins, 8th
- Dawn Lafferty, Hesston Elementary, Social Emotional Resources, K-4th
- Jeff Comer, Buhler High School, Google Virtual Reality Viewfinders, 9-10th
- Jesse Ediger, Graber Elementary School (USD 308), Creating Wonder, 4th
- Linda Henderson, Reno Valley Middle School (USD 309), Etiquette Day, 8th
- Lori Zachary, Buhler High School, Fitness Cru Connections, 9-12th
- Mandy Malone, Hutchinson Middle School - 8, Science Fair, 8th
- Sarah Nicks, Morgan Elementary (USD 308), Kindness Rock Project, K-6th
- Shaelee Mendenhall, Buhler High School, Buhler CHOP, 9-12th
- Shauna Black, Pray-Woodman Elementary (USD 266), Daily Math Review for Long-Term Mastery, 2-5th
- Taylor Elkinton, Hutchinson High School, Fit Salthawks for Life, 9-12th
Applications were accepted from August 15 - October 15, for grants that demonstrate educational benefit. Visit www.hcu.coop/CASHgrant for more information.