We're here for you when you're ready.
When you're ready for an FHA Title One Loan, our experts will be with you every step of the way.
An FHA Title One Home Improvement Loan from HCU allows you to borrow money for a home improvement project, even if you have no equity. Room additions, central air conditioning, and garage conversion are just a few example of projects you can finance. FHA Title One Home Improvement loan features:
- Loan amounts up to $25,000
- No equity required for most loans
- Available for any home you own, even rentals
- Fixed rates
- Terms up to 10 years
To apply, visit your local HCU branch. A copy of the application can be viewed here for advanced reference. Important liability and penalty information is detailed in the required form available here.
- Loans over $7,500 require on-site inspection when improvements are completed
- Loans over $7,500 require a mortgage be filed against your home. This interest may then be tax deductible*
- Low costs which can be financed in the loan
- Loan is federally insured
- Documentation needed: current pay stubs, proof of ownership of property, and an itemized estimate of work to be performed.
- The purpose of this loan is to finance property improvements, which substantially protect or improve the basic livability or utility of your property
*Consult your tax advisor