Understanding the home-buying process
We want to make the home-buying process as easy as possible, so we’ve laid it out in just 5 easy steps. From pre-approval to closing this guide is tailored to first-time home-buyers. And don’t worry an HCU Real Estate Loan Consultant will be along with you, every step of the way.
It's the Heartland Way.
- Home loan application (online)
- Meeting with a Real Estate Loan Consultant (in person, on the phone or via email) to evaluate your unique situation
- Providing us your two most recent W-2s or federal tax returns (if self-employed or receive commission) and pay stubs
- Two months of bank statements
- See full list of important documents.
After this step, you’re ready to work with your real estate agent to find a home and make an offer.