Your basis for membership at Heartland Credit Union. Unlike a bank, every member of Heartland Credit Union is also a part-owner. Because credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives, they have no stockholders to satisfy. Therefore, credit unions return any profits made back to the members in the form of cost-savings and better service. The first step to being a member of HCU is to open a Prime Share Savings account that represents your share in the financial cooperative.
- Great emergency cushion
- Quickly and easily transfer funds online, mobile, ATM, phone center or in person
- Custom savings accounts available for planned expenses like vacations, education, holidays and gifts
- Insured up to $250,000 by NCUA
- You must keep $25.00 on deposit in this account per member number to maintain your membership in the Credit Union. A minimum daily balance of $100.00 is required to earn dividends. Dividends are calculated by the daily balance method which applies a daily periodic rate to the balance in the account each day. Dividends are posted at the end of each quarter for this account type and rates are subject to change by the Board of Directors
- In order to become a member of Heartland Credit Union, an 01 share account must first be opened.
- You will receive quarterly statements. If you have a checking account or ATM activity on your account, you will receive monthly statements
- 5 free withdrawals per month
- Rates are subject to change daily